The Special Children's Center welcomes you this Thursday night, July 2nd, 2015 at 6:30pm at Monmouth University for the first ever community wide electrifying SPECIAL RUN!!
Details for the run are as follows:
1) Car/Bike Parking will be available in lots 13,14,15 (a map is attached). please enter from Larchwood avenue to access these lots
2) Registration and bag pick-up will be at the event! Bags will NOT be shipped! Bags will include glow-in-dark and lightup funk for the run. Shirts will also be given out. For those that didn't sign up yet, we will be accepting same day signups.. This is NOT a free event, Everyone of all ages must be a registered runner or spectator to participate! No exceptions .
3) There will be time for photos for the family and friends at the start/finish line, step and repeat and more. We even have a PopBox for photos!!
4) Snacks and beverages will be available while we stretch and enjoy some pumped up music preparing us for the night, as well through the remainder of the event. Dinner will not be served. Please eat dinner before or bring a sandwich to eat before the race begins.
5) There will be glow in the dark Face Paint stations prior to the run add some spark and glow to the special night.
6) We ask that you arrive between 6:30 and 7:00 PM, as the parking lots will quickly fill up and will be closed as the race time nears. Also, Minha and Arbit will take place at 7:30 PM. The anticipated run start time is 8:30 PM SHARP.
7) As mentioned, shirts will be given out. Feel free to be creative and glow with everything else.
8) Along the run there are water stations so make sure you stay hydrated!
9) This is not a race. There will be no winner or medals. The run is for families and the special children to run alongside each other and enjoy a night with the Special Children's Center.
10) Please note- same day sign ups are accepted but not recommended as we have very few spots left ($52 a runner, $18 a spectator). If you know of anyone in this category- please urge them to register online in advance as we will be very busy that night and cannot guarantee them a spot.
CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Special Run Committee '15
The Special Children's Center
The run is being hosted on Monmouth University’s gorgeous campus.
We ask everyone to get to the run at approximately 6 o’clock. You don’t want to miss out on all the fun stuff we have planned for before the run. Besides, we think you also want a parking spot!
Even though, we’re calling this thing a run, it’s really an experience. We want everyone to enjoy their friends and family, while experiencing something like never before!
The run is approximately 2 miles long.
Besides for securing yourself a spot in this epic event, you will be receiving a bag that contains a t-shirt, glow in the dark socks, glow in the dark glasses, glow in the dark bracelets, and a glow in the dark necklace!
Unfortunately, there are no refunds. However, we can transfer your spot to a friend if you’re unable to make it on race day!
YES! We welcome kids and adults of all ages, and believe that they are the heart and soul of this experience. After all, this is a family event!
Sorry no dogs allowed.
Sure! Spectators are welcome to enjoy the night of food, music and fun.